Thursday, August 4, 2011

Double Gibson
















Art project from 2009 in which I mailed to friends and family a print of this composite of my head next to that of a French soldier from an old medical textbook who bore a stunning resemblance to me. On the back of each print I wrote a different ode to the soldier, an example of which you can read after the break.  

Ode to an Illustration of a Dead French Soldier With Half His Skull Missing That Looks Disturbingly Like Me

If you push your nose up with
your finger you'd look even more
like me.
But I don't think anyone
really wants that.
We look enough alike as it is.

And I know you probably
wouldn't approve of my earring
or the fact that I barely passed
basic French in college.

Who do you think you are? My father?

No comments:

Post a Comment